What does a career at Oxford mean?
A career at Oxford means becoming a part of a diverse group of remarkable professionals that work hard and play hard. We hire the best, train like crazy, and take care of our people like family. Our work style is collaborative, open, and welcoming of new ideas.
Ready to make a change and join a dynamic team of dedicated and experienced professionals?
What we’re looking for:
Oxford Property Management is currently seeking a detail oriented team player to fill our Maintenance Technician II position. This position will work on our Residential Maintenance team.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responds quickly and courteously to resident requests for maintenance service, troubleshooting the source of the problem and taking appropriate action to repair and/or restore service.
- Assist in monitoring maintenance inventory and/or supplies and related expenses.
- Promptly and properly record all work performed and work hours; completes work orders, attaches applicable receipts, and returns documentation to the maintenance department each day; ensures proper documentation is left for residents.
- Maintain company vehicle in clean and orderly manner and maintain truck stock at all times.
- Maintains building by completing general, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, and other related maintenance activities.
- Maintain curb appeal, keeping grounds and common areas free of trash/debris.
- Prepares all vacant apartments to a market-ready condition.
- Escort various inspectors, contractors, and others as directed.
- Perform quality follow up on all tasks.
- Installing, maintaining and repairing machinery, equipment, physical structures, plumbing and electrical systems
- Responsible for performing minor troubleshooting and supervised repair of small appliances, fireplaces (gas), electronic locks, lighting, furniture and others as assigned.
- Responsible for repair and replacing wall paper and trim, minor floor covering repairs on tile and carpet, minor drywall repair, wall vinyl repair, and touch up painting and caulking.
- Disassemble broken or defective equipment to facilitate repair and reassemble equipment when repairs are complete.
Qualified Candidates Must Have:
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) and 3-5 years related experience, or equivalent.
- Fair Housing Certificate or willingness to obtain immediately after hire.
- Must be able to use general maintenance equipment including, but not limited to: hand tools, ladders, and required safety equipment
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos; Ability to write clear and legible correspondence.
- Ability to deal with problems in standardized situations.
- Must have valid driver license. Company vehicle will be provided.
- Some weekend availability, and rotating on-call responsibility for after-hour emergencies required.
- Must have own hand tools for use.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills; ability to correspond in a professional, businesslike manner.
What we offer:
Oxford offers a competitive base salary, generous bonus structure and auto allowance. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive health care coverage, including dental and vision as well as life and long term disability insurance, 401(k) plan with employer match, generous paid time off, paid holidays, Employee Share Program, paid parking, and on-site gym access.